Senior 3D ProgrammerJob category: Programming
We are looking for a hands-on senior 3D Game Developer with architectural and management experience who can lead a small core team to implement, test and deliver our virtual reality game concepts and the technology to enable our vision.
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
- Implement code that is modular self-contained and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
- Work as a lead programmer of an agile development team taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work.
- Ensure coding standards are followed and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
- Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Write debugging tools for programmers level designers and artists.
- Keep abreast of new advances in virtual reality hardware, rendering technology and algorithms.
- Setting the quality targets and bar for programming on the project
- Sharing knowledge and techniques across the studio
- Mentoring programmers
- 8+ years of experience in game development
- Expert knowledge of working with Unreal Engine and or Unity.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Expert knowledge of mathematics ability and a familiarity with common 3d graphics principles and rendering algorithms.
- Expert knowledge Good working knowledge of current GPU architecture and rendering APIs experience with DirectX 11
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Solid commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published AAA game in a 3d environment
- Knowledge of common algorithms data structures and patterns and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
- Proven experience in adult animations
- Passion for Virtual Reality
- up to $150,000 per year depending on experience
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org